The Ferret Leak Locator is a revolutionary piece of equipment when it comes to easily and efficiently identifying and fixing water leaks within water supply pipes. In the past, finding leaks could be an arduous and time-consuming job that would involve a lot of man-hours as well as costs that could rise significantly, depending on how long it took to find the leak and fix it.
Now that the Ferret device makes it easier to find leaks, it is important to understand the preparatory checks required to ensure that the system works correctly and safely.
The following preparatory checks will need to be carried out before using your system:
1. Before connecting the Ferret to a water supply it’s important to ensure that the water valve, located on the side of the machine, is closed.
2. When connecting a water supply, ensure that there is no water leaking from any of the inlet connections.
3. Air will have to be flushed from the inlet hole and internal pipework and once water leaves the outlet port, the ON/OFF valve will have to be closed.
4. Prior to connecting the Ferret to the leaking pipe, it is crucial to have the correct Ferret head fitted to the system as this will guarantee that the system works efficiently.
5. If using a new Ferret head, to ensure that it fits the pipe correctly, it will need to be stretched. A new head has to be inflated before use to a larger diameter than the inside bore of the pipe to make sure it will seal properly.
6. Before inserting the Ferret head into the pipe, you are required to inflate the head to ensure that there are no leaks in the Ferret head.
7. Air must be vented from the system. To do this, open the ON/OFF valve, this will allow the leaking pipe to fill with water, following this the air vent has to be opened.
8. Once the water leaves the vent, tip the Ferret forward, enabling the final bit of air to be flushed out of the system.
9. With the user manual followed and the above preparatory checks completed, the Ferret system is set and ready to find any leaks.
Ready to go
The Ferret tool is a unique system. Setup is simple and it can begin to detect leaks in a very short time frame. This means that jobs can be taken on with the knowledge that the Ferret will work quickly, maintaining efficiency while enabling better planning of future jobs.
Customers will appreciate your ability to provide them with detailed information on any leaks and how long the fix will take and keeping disruption to a minimum, guaranteeing that your business continues to stay ahead of the competition.